- Application is received and reviewed if no concerns then references are called. Please call your vet to give permission to release information to BDR.
- If you rent we will call landlord/property owner or management (before references are called) to make sure having a Doberman is acceptable and not a violation of the lease agreement. If living in a condo, even if owned, we need to speak to the Condo Association to confirm there are no breed restrictions.
- Once references are approved then a home visit is set up by a BDR volunteer. All household members must be present during the visit.
- After the home visit is completed all information is sent to the BDR application review board. You will be notified of the status of your application after it has been reviewed.
- When approved you will be contacted and at that time we can discuss dog(s) that would be a suitable match for your family. Arrangement will be made to speak to the foster(s) of the dog(s) you are interested in meeting. You must make arrangements with the foster to meet/adopt the dog(s) you are interested in, we do not ship or transport our rescue dogs.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for the application process to be completed. The more information provided in the application and the availability of the references will help with the ease and swiftness of the approval process.
Puppies 6 months and under: $400
7 months to 3 years: $350
4-7 years: $300
8 and up: $250